Being Lucky: Vignettes on American Legion Actions and Letters
- 1. Letter to John Hasse (00:58)
- 2. Letter to Mark Whip (?) (00:33)
- 3. Being Lucky: Vignette on the American Legions Action for the Academic Freedom Chapter (05:25)
- 4. Letter to Sylvia Bowman (01:21)
- 5. Letter to Lyndon (?) (00:27)
- 6. Letter to Keith (?) (02:07)
- 7. Letter to Burton Barry (00:53)
- 8. Letter to Helen Wilkie (01:19)
- 9. Letter to Jerry Dresbeck (06:11)
- 10. Letter to Dick Fletcher (02:27)
- 11. Letter to President McCummis? (01:02)
- 12. Letter to Janet (?) (05:27)
- 13. Letter to Herb (?) (00:36)
- 14. Letter to Dave Stratford (02:07)
- 15. [blank] (01:48)
- Main contributor
Wells, Herman B
The Herman B Wells papers includes materials pertaining to Wells' family and personal finances, his activities in the banking profession, his work in Germany for the United States government after World War II, and to his research and teaching and professional activities as a member of the faculty of Indiana University.
Wells, Herman B; Indiana University, Bloomington; Indiana University--Presidents; College presidents--Indiana; American Legion; Racism.
United States, Indiana, Bloomington
For more information, contact the Indiana University Archivist.
- Physical Description
Type 1 analog audio cassette: Sony C60
- Related Item
ADDITIONAL CITATION INFORMATION: Herman B Wells papers, Collection C75, Indiana University Archives, Bloomington.
Before becoming president of Indiana University, Herman B Wells served as an assistant cashier at the National Bank of Lebanon before going on to work for the Indiana Bankers Association, the Indiana Commission for Financial Institutions, and the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions. He was named dean of the Indiana University School of Business administration in 1935 by IU President William Lowe Bryan. In 1937 he was named acting president of the university and president the following year, a position he held until 1962. Upon his retirement, IU created the position of University Chancellor, which Dr. Wells held until his death in 2000. Wells began working on his autobiography in the mid-1970s. It was published as "Being Lucky" by Indiana University Press in 1980.
- Other Identifiers
Catalog Key: 6440423; Other: GR00405978; Collection Identifier: C75; MDPI Barcode: 40000003560705; OCLC: ocn499120840