Being Lucky: Various Vignettes
- 1. Letter to Ron Harris (02:56)
- 2. Letter to George Hedley (01:56)
- 3. Letter to Mr. J. Patrick Lannon (03:25)
- 4. Letter to Lee Norvelle (01:49)
- 5. Letter to Nua (?) Long (01:20)
- 6. Letter to Hoagy Carmichael (01:43)
- 7. Being Lucky: Addendum to dictation on journal and the trip to Fiji (01:02)
- 8. Memo for the 50th Anniversary of the I.U. Foundation (10:51)
- 9. Letter to Mr. and Mrs. William C. Greeno (01:04)
- 10. Letter to Tom Solley (03:01)
- 11. Letter to Mrs. White and Mrs. Fix (02:26)
- 12. Letter to Crohn (?) (00:48)
- 13. Letter to Einis (?) (03:57)
- 14. Being Lucky: Vignettes on the I.U. Foundation (04:06)
- 15. Letter to Artis Argram (?) (01:13)
- 16. Letter to Kolma Jora (02:52)
- 17. Letter to Hansi (00:34)
- 18. On the catalog for furniture and ship items (00:36)
- 19. [blank] (02:13)
- Main contributor
Wells, Herman B
The Herman B Wells papers includes materials pertaining to Wells' family and personal finances, his activities in the banking profession, his work in Germany for the United States government after World War II, and to his research and teaching and professional activities as a member of the faculty of Indiana University.
Wells, Herman B; Indiana University, Bloomington; Indiana University--Presidents; College presidents--Indiana; Carmichael, Hoagy, 1899-1981; Norvelle, Lee Roy, 1892-; Greenough, William C. (William Croan), 1914-1989; Indiana University Foundation.; Solley, Thomas T.
United States, Indiana, Bloomington
For more information, contact the Indiana University Archivist.
- Physical Description
1 analog audio cassette
- Related Item
ADDITIONAL CITATION INFORMATION: Herman B Wells papers, Collection C75, Indiana University Archives, Bloomington.
Before becoming president of Indiana University, Herman B Wells served as an assistant cashier at the National Bank of Lebanon before going on to work for the Indiana Bankers Association, the Indiana Commission for Financial Institutions, and the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions. He was named dean of the Indiana University School of Business administration in 1935 by IU President William Lowe Bryan. In 1937 he was named acting president of the university and president the following year, a position he held until 1962. Upon his retirement, IU created the position of University Chancellor, which Dr. Wells held until his death in 2000. Wells began working on his autobiography in the mid-1970s. It was published as "Being Lucky" by Indiana University Press in 1980.
- Other Identifiers
Catalog Key: 6440423; Other: GR00406001; Collection Identifier: C75; MDPI Barcode: 40000003560945; OCLC: ocn499120840
This item is accessible by: the public.