Dark meets light : fall ballet : Indiana University Ballet Theater (2019-10-12, 7:30 p.m.).
- 1. [ambience] (00:27)
- 2. Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Allegro Brillante (17:42)
- 3. [ambience] (00:24)
- 4. Benjamin Godard, Berceuse (09:44)
- Gustav Mahler, Dark Elegies
- 10. [ambience] (00:07)
- Virgil Thomson, Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes
- 11. Chromatic Double Harmonies (03:38)
- 12. Repeating Tremolo (02:32)
- 13. Fingered Fifths (02:12)
- 14. Double Glissando (01:43)
- 15. Oscillating Arm (01:44)
- 16. Pivoting on the Thumb (01:10)
- 17. Alternating Octaves (00:48)
- 18. Double Sevenths (01:33)
- 19. Broken Arpeggios (01:50)
- 20. Parallel Chords (02:27)
- 21. Ragtime Bass (02:14)
- 22. For the Weaker Fingers (01:11)
- 23. Tenor Lead (05:58)
- Main contributor
See Other Contributors
Larson, Geoffrey (Geoffrey Spencer); Brinson, Bethany; Canfield, Jack (Jack Langford); Nichols, Kyra; Saunders, Penny; McKerrow, Amanda; Gardner, John (Stage director); Sovey, Raymond, -1966; Ustinov, Nadia Benois; Phillips, Ken Gene; Balanchine, George; Saunders, Penny; Tudor, Antony, 1908-1987; Morris, Mark, 1956-; Indiana University Ballet Theater; Indiana University Conductors' Orchestra
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
Filmed ballets.; Filmed performances.; Live sound recordings.
- Physical Description
1 online resource (streaming video and audio files) : digital
- Related Items
Title from program.
Mahler's Kindertotenlieder sung in German.
Lighting design by Ken Phillips, staged by Kyra Nichols (Allegro brillante) ; lighting design by Ken Phillips, staged by Penny Saunders (Berceuse) ; lighting design by Ken Phillips, costume design by Raymond Sovey after Nadia Benois, staged by Amanda McKerrow and John Gardner (Dark elegies) ; lighting design by Ken Phillips, staged by Elisa Clark (Drink to me only with thine eyes).
Indiana University Ballet Theater ; Indiana University Conductors' Orchestra ; Geoffrey Larson, conductor.
[Announcement] -- Allegro brillante / choreography by George Balanchine ; music by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (Bethany Brinson, piano) -- Berceuse / choreography by Penny Saunders ; music by Benjamin Godard -- Dark elegies / choreography by Antony Tudor ; music by Gustav Mahler (Jack Canfield, baritone) -- Drink to me only with thine eyes / choreography by Mark Morris ; music by Virgil Thomson (Bethany Brinson, piano).
Recorded live: 2019 October 12 at 7:30 p.m. (EST), Musical Arts Center, Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Other Identifiers
Catalog Key: 17776429; OCLC: ocn1126008985; OCLC: 1126008985; Other: vae1331
This item is accessible by: the public.