Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky's The nutcracker : ballet in two acts / scenario by Michael Vernon, after Marius Petipa's adaptation of the story "The nutcracker and the mouse king" by E.T.A. Hoffmann (2019-12-05).
- 1. [ambience] (00:34)
- Act I
- 2. Overture (03:25)
- 3. The Decoration of the Christmas Tree (04:09)
- 4. March (02:44)
- 5. Children's Gallop (01:33)
- 6. Entry of the Parents (01:04)
- 7. Arrival of Drosselmeyer (06:08)
- 8. Grandfather's Dance (07:11)
- 9. Clara and the Nutcracker (06:51)
- 10. The Battle (04:00)
- 11. In the Pine Forest (04:19)
- 12. Waltz of the Snowflakes (07:35)
- 13. [ambience] (00:22)
- Act II
- 14. The Kingdom of the Sweets (03:54)
- 15. Clara and the Prince (04:30)
- 16. Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (02:51)
- 17. Tarantella (01:03)
- 18. The Land of Sweets (00:35)
- 19. Chocolate (Spanish Dance) (01:35)
- 20. Coffee (Arabian Dance) (04:49)
- 21. Tea (Chinese Dance) (01:18)
- 22. Trepak (Russian Dance) (01:34)
- 23. Dance of the Reed Pipes (02:44)
- 24. Mother Gigogne (03:03)
- 25. Waltz of the Flowers (07:39)
- 26. Pas de deux (06:14)
- 27. Coda (01:58)
- 28. Final Waltz and Apotheosis (07:54)
- Main contributor
See Other Contributors
Conti, Marzio, 1960-; Higgins, C. David (Charles David), 1946-; Phillips, Ken Gene; Vernon, Michael; Hoffmann, E. T. A. (Ernst Theodor Amadeus), 1776-1822.; Indiana University Ballet Theater; Indiana University Orchestra; Indiana University Women's Chorus
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
Cook Music Library, Jacobs School of Music Performances
No linguistic content
- Physical Description
1 online resource (streaming video and audio files) : digital
- Related Items
Program ; Audio recording
Title from program.
Choreography, Michael Vernon ; set and costume design, C. David Higgins ; lighting design, Ken Phillips.
Indiana University Ballet Theater ; Indiana University Orchestra ; Indiana University Women's Chorus ; Marzio Conti, conductor.
Statement of Responsibility
scenario by Michael Vernon, after Marius Petipa's adaptation of the story "The nutcracker and the mouse king" by E.T.A. Hoffmann (2019-12-05).
Recorded live: 2019 December 5, Musical Arts Center, Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Other Identifiers
Catalog Key: 18047500; OCLC: ocn1138019094; OCLC: 1138019094; Other: vae1393
This item is accessible by: the public.