Birth of a Concerto
- 1. Introduction (03:52)
- 2. Scene I. Trombone and Organ (08:18)
- 3. Scene II. World Premiere with Piano (14:41)
- 4. Scene III. Youth Orchestra (11:56)
- 5. Scene IV. At the Hilbert Circle Theater in Indianapolis (25:56)
- 6. Scene V. On the Road (16:14)
- 7. Scene VI. Picture Perfect in Auer Hall (23:44)
- 8. Scene VII. Grand Finale with Band (09:21)
- 9. Acknowledgements (01:15)
2019 (Creation date: 2019-03-26)
- Main contributor
Seven performance scenes with commentary documenting how David DeBoor Canfield’s “Concerto after Mendelssohn” for trombone and orchestra was ideated, composed and entered into the repertoire. Peripheral information includes interviews with the composer and collaborators.
Carl Lenthe; Indiana University, Jacobs School of Music; David DeBoor Canfield; Kimberly Carballo; Cyrus Resur; Anthony Tadey; Blake Schlabach; Kristin Cutler; Steven Pratt; Priscilla Gabriel; Adam Bodony; Miriam Hickman; Mark Riggins; Beckie Kern; Stefan Wiebe; Becky Wilkins; Samuel Mitchell; John Anderson; Iris Tuerke; Arvids Plesovs; Steve Hodges; M. Dee Stewart; Adam Bell; Tom Kelley; Alex Lowe; Mark Soueidi; Zac Canale; Jozef Caldwell; Emily Rodeck
Cook Music Library, Special Collections
This item is accessible by: the public.