Being Lucky: Various Vignettes - Phone Calls
- 1. Phone Call with Tom Leg(?) (16:22)
- 2. Phone Call with unknown woman (cut off) (00:18)
- 3. Phone Call with John Reilly on the Lincoln House (02:49)
- 4. Phone Call 2 with John Reilly on the Lincoln House (02:33)
- 5. Phone Call with Lee Ratcliff (?) on the Lincoln House (06:42)
- 6. Phone Call with unknown person (former Trustee?) on the Lincoln House (05:32)
- 7. Sales Phone call with Vice President of the Lehman Brothers in Chicago (02:50)
- 8. Phone Call with unknown woman on Bill Garrett (09:12)
- 9. Phone Call with unknown man about a meeting (01:06)
- 10. Phone Call with unknown woman (cut off) (00:30)
- Main contributor
Wells, Herman B
The Herman B Wells papers includes materials pertaining to Wells' family and personal finances, his activities in the banking profession, his work in Germany for the United States government after World War II, and to his research and teaching and professional activities as a member of the faculty of Indiana University.
Wells, Herman B; Indiana University, Bloomington; Indiana University--Presidents; College presidents--Indiana; Athletics; Race Discrimination
United States, Indiana, Bloomington
For more information, contact the Indiana University Archivist.
- Physical Description
Type 1 analog audio cassette
- Related Item
ADDITIONAL CITATION INFORMATION: Herman B Wells papers, Collection C75, Indiana University Archives, Bloomington.
Before becoming president of Indiana University, Herman B Wells served as an assistant cashier at the National Bank of Lebanon before going on to work for the Indiana Bankers Association, the Indiana Commission for Financial Institutions, and the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions. He was named dean of the Indiana University School of Business administration in 1935 by IU President William Lowe Bryan. In 1937 he was named acting president of the university and president the following year, a position he held until 1962. Upon his retirement, IU created the position of University Chancellor, which Dr. Wells held until his death in 2000. Wells began working on his autobiography in the mid-1970s. It was published as "Being Lucky" by Indiana University Press in 1980.
- Other Identifiers
Catalog Key: 6440423; Other: GR00405772; Collection Identifier: C75; MDPI Barcode: 40000003559939; OCLC: ocn499120840