William Chaney History of the Ku Klux Klan
- 1. Introduction: The host introduces William Chaney, Grand Dragon of the Klu Klux Klan in Indiana. (00:27)
- 2. William describes the written history of the KKK and its first organization in 1768. (03:13)
- 3. William describes the naming of the KKK and the breaking of the Klan into different units. (03:50)
- 4. William describes the current functioning of the Klan, including its leadership and active states. (00:46)
- 5. William discusses rival or splinter groups of the KKK. (01:42)
- 6. William describes Klan history and current activities in Indiana. (07:08)
- 7. William discusses the continued secrecy of the Klan. (03:55)
- 8. William describes the early history of interactions between the White and Black man. He discusses racial ideologies. (02:33)
- 9. William discusses opposition to the KKK and violent retaliation. (01:39)
- 10. The host reads a statement on Zionism and asks William for his opinion on the matter. (06:31)
- 11. Conclusion: the host concludes the session. (02:37)
- Main contributor
Chaney, William M.
A discussion between unidentified host (William Spaulding?) and William Chaney, Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan in Indiana. Chaney describes the history and naming of the Klan, its current activities and political involvement, and its connections to Indiana. William also describes the racial ideology of the Klan and his opinion on Zionism.
Ku Klux Klan (1915- )--Indiana--History
- Physical Description
1 audiotape (analog) (34:20) : 7 in.
- Other Identifiers
Shelf Number: OR 280; Collection Identifier: SC 165; MDPI Barcode: 40000001808320
This item is accessible by: the public.