Indiana University Philharmonic Orchestra, Federico Cortese, conductor (2016-12-07).
- 1. [ambience] (00:12)
- György Ligeti, Concert românesc (Romanian Concerto) (1996 version)
- Felix Mendelssohn, Concerto in E Minor for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 64
- Béla Bartók, Miraculous Mandarin Suite, Sz.73a
- 9. I.Introduction (street noises); the command of the hoodlums directed at the girl. (02:52)
- 10. II. The girl’s first inviting gestures (clarinet solo), in response to which the old gentleman appears, who gets thrown out in the end by the hoodlums. (03:19)
- 11. III.The girl’s second inviting gestures, upon which appears the young lad who is also thrown out. (05:04)
- 12. IV. The girl’s third inviting gestures; the mandarin appears (tutti ff ). (00:54)
- 13. V.The girl’s seductive dance before the mandarin (at first slow, then increasingly faster waltz). (06:51)
- 14. VI. The mandarin catches up with the girl after an ever wilder chase. (02:21)
- Main contributor
See Other Contributors
Kim, Sofia; Cortese, Federico; Indiana University Philharmonic Orchestra
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
Live sound recordings.; Concertos.; Suites.; Ballets (Music); Excerpts.
Concertos (Orchestra); Concertos (Violin); Suites (Orchestra); Ballets
No linguistic content
- Physical Description
1 online resource (streaming audio files) : digital
- Related Item
Title from program.
Sofia Kim, violin (in the 2nd work) ; Indiana University Philharmonic Orchestra ; Federico Cortese, conductor.
Concert românesc = (Romanian concerto) : (1951, rev. 1996) / György Ligeti (17:05) -- Concerto in E minor for violin and orchestra, op. 64 / Felix Mendelssohn (30:48) -- Miraculous mandarin suite : Sz. 73a (1927) / Béla Bartók (21:20).
Recorded live: 2016 December 7, Musical Arts Center, Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Other Identifiers
Catalog Key: 16191693; OCLC: ocn992802271; OCLC: 992802271; Other: VAD7829