[Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz, 1973] / collected by Jerome Mintz.
- June 30, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province)
- 1. [Sounds at the shoemaker's followed by] singing. [Juan, shoemaker]. (08:13)
- 2. Street noises. (05:13)
- 3. (Collector's son) [singing]. Aaron Mintz. (00:31)
- 4. (Collector's daughter) [singing the song "Que viva España"]. Carla [Aviva Carla Mintz Tavel]. (03:27)
- 5. Juan tells of the past and changes that have taken place. Juan. (24:59)
- June 27, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province). Demitrius and family.
- June 28, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province)
- 1. Chopping inside bowl [conversations in between]. Perrico. (14:22)
- 2. Scraping inside. Perrico. (05:37)
- 3. Chopping indentations on rim. Perrico. (05:38)
- 4. Mambo (small farmer) and he [Perrico] talking. Old man comes along. Working with compass and putting dirt on top of log. Perrico and Mambo. (04:01)
- 5. Chopping new bowl with axe. Perrico. (19:01)
- June 28, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province). Demitrius.
- June 28, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province). Perrico.
- August 4, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province). Pepe Pilar.
- June 30, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province). Pepe Pilar.
- June 31, 1973 [Date incorrect, most likely June 30, 1973], Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province)
- Late June, 1973, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province)
- 1. Sounds --- [walking on a path on the way to work]. Jerome Mintz. (04:21)
- 2. Walking through the corn. Jerome Mintz. (01:23)
- 3. Talking to Manelo. Jerome Mintz - interviewer, and Manelo - respondent. (04:06)
- 4. [Manelo taking out potatoes]. Jerome Mintz - interviewer, and Manelo - respondent. (02:40)
- 5. Meeting someone. Jerome Mintz. (02:41)
- 6. Funeral [a few seconds]. Remalache (sugar beet) cutting, singing, loading trucks, wind [background singing]. [unidentified perfomer]. (19:23)
- 7. Young woman singing [and story telling], [?] Rodriguez, [conversations in between explaining the different types of songs]. Pepe's niece. (14:01)
- Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province). [Unknown date]. [unidentified perfomers]
- Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province)
- 1. Girl in campo with goats [talks about her living in the countryside]. [unidentified female speaker]. July 12, 1973. (10:51)
- 2. (Shepherd is father-in-law) [talking with a shepherd about living in the countryside]. [unidentified male speaker]. July 14, 1973 [?]. (07:01)
- 3. [Possibly part 2 of 2 in series OT 4771 item 1 - OT 4775 item 3]. Pepe Pilar. [unknown date] (30:08)
- 4. [No audio recorded]. (00:24)
- 1975, Spain, Andalusia, Cadiz (Province)
- Main contributor
See Other Contributors
The information presented here about each recording in this collection comes from original documentation by the collector/depositor Jerome Mintz. Additions by archival staff for clarity are framed in brackets [ ]. These recordings sometimes addressed politically sensitive topics and to protect the safety of the individuals in these recordings, Jerome Mintz did not document their full identities. The Archives of Traditional Music makes these recordings available for research and users should be aware that any archival collection may contain material that users find offensive.
Mintz, Jerome R.; Indiana University, Bloomington. Archives of Traditional Music.
- Physical Description
13 sound tape reels : analog, 3 3/4 ips, 1 track, mono. ; 7 in.
Deposited by Mintz at the Archives of Traditional Music in 1975 under option 3.
The following materials have been published employing the taped materials : The shoemaker (film), Pepé's Family (film) / Mintz, and "Trouble in Andulasia" (article) Natural History, May 1972, and "Divisive New Visions" (article) Natural History, May 1974.
Mainly special effect sounds of daily life, including singing, street noise, discussions, readings, work, animals, and radio.
Deposit agreement signed by Mintz's daughter, updating access option in August 2017.
Numerous named and unnamed performers and informants.
Statement of Responsibility
collected by Jerome Mintz.
Recorded by Jerome Mintz in June and July of 1973 in Spain.
- Other Identifiers
Catalog Key: 2064937; OCLC: ocm18609934; Catalog Key: BFJ0440BT; Collection Identifier: 77-069-F ATL 11705 --11706; MDPI Barcode: 40000001944364; MDPI Barcode: 40000001944356; MDPI Barcode: 40000001944463; MDPI Barcode: 40000001944455; MDPI Barcode: 40000001944448; MDPI Barcode: 40000001944430; Other: GR00289791; Other: GR00289790; Other: GR00289804; Other: GR00289802; Other: GR00289801; Other: GR00289800
This item is accessible by: the public.