[Afghanistan, Baluchis, 1976] / collected by Louis Dupree.
- 1. Baluchi boys reciting Afghan Pashtun propaganda taught to them by their Pashtun teacher (01:40)
- 2. Baluchi song sung by a young boy in camp (01:17)
- 3. Oral field notes by Louis Dupree in the refugee camp on the hills between Kali-i-Ghilzai & Kandahar (02:53)
- 4. Louis Dupree reading military combat report from "Marri Front" in Baluchistan, dated March 17, 1976 (12:14)
- 5. War song (jangi) about 1975-76 Baluchi insurrection. Shadian Marri, singer; Dao Mohammad Marri flute (06:05)
- 6. Love story performed by musicians above (04:36)
- 7. Several war songs by different groups in camp (05:41)
- 8. War songs, continued (06:00)
- 9. War songs, continued (05:32)
- 10. War songs, continued (04:19)
- 11. War songs, continued (04:46)
- 12. War songs, continued (02:55)
- 13. Comments by Dupree about the recording and previous content (01:27)
- Main contributor
See Other Contributors
Dupree, Louis, 1925-1989; Indiana University, Bloomington. Archives of Traditional Music.
War songs; Baluchi (Southwest Asian people); Propaganda, Afghan; Revolutionary ballads and songs
Baluchi; Pushto; English
- Physical Description
1 sound tape reel : analog, 3 3/4 ips, full track, mono. ; 7 in. + documentation
Baluchi war-songs, combat reports and propaganda.
In Baluchi, Pashtun and English.
Deposited at the Archives of Traditional Music by Dupree in 1977 under option 1.
Various performers and informants.
Statement of Responsibility
collected by Louis Dupree.
Baluchi boys reciting Afghan Pashtun propaganda -- Oral field notes by Dupree -- Combat report from the Marri Front in Baluchistan -- Baluchi war-songs -- Love song.
Recorded Mar. 17-Apr. 17, 1976 by Dupree at a Baluchi guerilla camp north of the Kalat-i-Ghilzai Hills near the Pakistan border.
- Other Identifiers
Other: VAA0958; OCLC: ocm18288813; Catalog Key: BFJ0251BT
This item is accessible by: the public.