- Main contributors:
- Strout, Toby (Writer, Producer); Schwibs, Susanne (script); Sumpter, Wally (Director); Arnove, Robert (Producer); Michael Luhan(Producer);
- Documents the political issues and diverse views of the people of Nicaragua during the period surrounding the elections of 1984; the first elections held since the overthrow of the Somoza regime. Sampling the campaigns of seven contending political parties, several major issues surface repeatedly and dominate debate: the direction of national reconstruction, changing social roles and responsiblities (particularly of women and young people), the war with the Contras, economic conditions, the makeup of the electoral process, and the conduct of the election itself.
Could not complete log in. Possible causes and solutions are:
- Cookies are not set, which might happen if you've never visited this website before.
Please open https://media.dlib.indiana.edu/ in a new window, then come back and refresh this page.
- An ad blocker is preventing successful login.
Please disable ad blockers for this site then refresh this page.
- Strout, Toby (Writer, Producer); Schwibs, Susanne (script); Sumpter, Wally (Director); Arnove, Robert (Producer); Michael Luhan(Producer); ✖[remove]1